Harley Davidson started the CVO division in 1999, when they built the Screamin' Eagles only in the FX series. In 2000, they built the FXR4 and also added the Road Glide series to their line-up. In 2001 they built the FXWG2 and continued the Road Glide model. Then in 2002, they added the first-ever FLHRSEI Road King to the model line-up..! It was a huge success..!
'02 Road King Screamin' Eagle CVO (FLHRSE)
One-Owner.., Low Miles.., Lots of Upgrades..!!
THE 02 SCREAMIN' EAGLE ROAD KING of which Harley's CVO, (Custom Vehicle Operations) division built only 2200 total..! And.., if you consider the fact that about half of those production numbers were in the Candy Brandywine with Flames color.., there are only about 1000 of this color that were ever manufactured..! Harley Davidson calls the color on this bike simply "Purple with Silver Flames"..! It also features the silver and chrome engine that is available only on the CVO motorcycles..!
According to Harley Davidson's own website in the "history" page of the CVO production motorcycles, it reads, "it would be difficult to reproduce what the CVO department has to offer, because the bike features certain existing accessories for each model, but also includes new accessories that can't be purchased anywhere else..!" They also go on to say, "Paint schemes are "restricted", because it is unavailable to put on existing motorcycles"..! And finally they say.., "If paint schemes were damaged to the point of repainting, you would have to present your CVO Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) number to get the job done..!" So, these are definitely unique and hard to find motorcycles..!
This bike is a one-owner and it has only 6,890 miles on it, and is in like new condition..! With the newer style short Screamin' Eagle Rear Light Bar upgrade, the Smoked Lens Covers, Headlight Extension Ring, Low Profile Bag Guards, the Bassani Exhaust, (which has an AWESOME sound), and the other upgrades, this bike has a look that really stands out in the crowd, EVEN among other Screamin Eagle bikes..!
The LED Accent Lights in the engine compartment really look cool. They are almost the exact color of the paint, so when they are lit up at night, the paint looks even more awesome on the bike, and it is almost as if the paint is "glowing".
It also has a Harley Davidson Factory Extended Warranty that is good through March of 2009. That is a huge bonus and peace of mind for the new owner..!
Standard Special Features on This Screamin' Eagle CVO Bike:
- Polished disc wheels
- All braided lines and chrome fittings
- Chrome front end sliders (forks)
- Chrome upper fork covers
- Chrome Axle nut covers
- Screamin' Eagle derby cover
- Screamin' Eagle timing cover
- Screamin' Eagle air cleaner cover
- Special front fender with no chrome tips
- Special rear fender with no chrome tips and "1550" Screamin' Eagle Insignia
- Special dash chrome
- Special color speedo face (white)
- Tachometer and bracket
- Special color tachometer face (white)
- Special 1 ¼ " fat bars with internal wiring
- Special handlebar risers and riser covers
- Chrome switch covers
- Chrome brake controls
- Chrome brake lever
- Chrome clutch lever
- Chrome front brake reservoir and cover
- Chrome rear brake reservoir cover
- Chrome lifter block kit
- Chrome oil dipstick
- Chrome head bolt cover kit
- Chrome push rod cover kit
- Special shortened rear light bar
- Special bullet rear blinkers
- Special bullet front blinkers mounted on handlebars
- Chrome and Rubber Series operator foot boards
- Chrome and Rubber Series passenger foot pegs
- Chrome and Rubber Series foot brake pedal
- Chrome and Rubber Series shifter toe peg
- Chrome and Rubber Series heel peg
- Chrome and Rubber Series handle grips
- Billet shifter rod
- Illuminator Series billet mirrors
- Illuminator Series billet brake caliper insert
- Special Lizard insert seat
- Special Lizard insert passenger back rest
- Special Lizard insert drivers back rest
- Hydraulic Clutch
- Special Big Bore Kit (95" engine - "1550")
- Special "Screamin' Eagle only" Harley paint job
***There is much more that I can't think of, but these items alone are at least $12,000, if you were to have all of these upgrades and engine work done at the local Harley dealership..!
- HD Extended Warranty - $1350.00 (Good through March 23, 2009)
- HD SE Rear Turn Signal Bar (New Style) - $147.95
- HD Smoked Lens Turn Signal Kit - $37.95
- HD Low Profile Saddlebag Guard Kit - $119.95
- HD Headlight Trim Ring (Chrome) - $34.95
- LED Custom Installed Engine Lights - $389.00
- Custom Upholstered Seat - $236.00
- Bassani Exhaust with Billet End Caps - $469.99
- Layback License Plate Mounting Kit - $39.95
- License Plate Frame (Chrome - Harley Davidson Script - Hidden Bolts) - $24.95
- New rear tire - $240.00
- New Battery - $149.95
TOTAL ADDED ACCESSORIES - $4500 (approximate including tax and installation)
A '1 in 1000' Find
These bikes sold new for about $27,000.., and there were not enough of them to meet the demand..! They were not discounted.., and in fact.., many went for way over sticker..! Remember.., only about 1000 of them with this color combination were even produced and sold by Harley Davidson..!
Also included: Special low profile smoked windshield.., factory Harley Davidson motorcycle cover and cover bag.., two sets of factory security system key fobs.., and the original owners manual.
It is fairly widely agreed upon that this is the most desirable Road King model.., year.., and color.., produced by Harley Davidson's "Custom Vehicle Operations division"..!