'02 Big Dog (Pit Bull) Patriotic - Commemorative Edition
1 of only 8 Built.., Commemorative Edition.., Super Clean.., Very Cool Patriotic Paint...
This bike is a very special Big Dog (Pit Bull).
It is 1 of only 8 ever built by Big Dog Motorcycles. It is
essentially bone stock and in the identical condition and configuration in
which it was originally produced, with the exception of "Blue Glass" mirrors
and a high output starter upgrade. (Big Dog recommended this.)
Information on this
Commemorative Edition/Mike's Hard Lemonade Big
• Big Dog Motorcycles had this custom paint job done to the
bikes before they were unveiled to the public.
• It is 1 of 8 bikes produced commemorating the
events of 9/11/01, and the patriotic paint scheme duplicates the flag that was raised over the rubble of the fallen Twin Towers in New York City.
• The nationwide promotion between Big Dog Motorcycles and Mike's
Hard Lemonade, gave away a total of eight of these customized
Pitbulls. (One to each of the two winners and another bike to three of their closest friends.)
• The promotion was administered through Mike's Web site and
at retail sites throughout the United States, and Big Dog promoted the
sweepstakes at rally events, such as Sturgis and Daytona.
Note: At the end of the group of pictures for this
bike, I have added a few photographs of an article from the magazine "Hot Rod
Bikes", regarding this Commemorative Edition model.
Some of the technical features:
- S&S Fully Polished 107" V-Twin
- Kerker 2 into 1 Exhaust (dual wall)
- Corbin Custom Seat
- Rigid Frame with 2" Rear Stretch
- Billet Aluminum Polished 18" Rear Wheel
- Billet Aluminum Polished 21" Front Wheel
- Avon Venom R 250/40R Rear Tire
- Avon Venom X MH 90/21 56H Front Tire
- PM Chrome Billet Brake Caliper (front)
- PM Chrome Billet Brake Caliper (rear)
- Braided and Coated Goodrich Throttle Cables
- Braided and Coated Goodrich Brake Lines
- Braided and Coated Goodrich Oil Lines
- Polished Billet Forward Controls
- Complete Chrome Controls
- Drag Style Fat Handlebars (with internal wiring)
- Complete Chrome Billet Front End
- Chrome Inner Primary Cover
- And.., many more features far too numerous to list individually...
I don't know how many of these bikes are left, but it's conceivable to believe that 1 or 2 may have been crashed by now and will no longer have the original paint. And the remaining ones may either
not be For Sale or might not have been properly maintained. I have seen no other ones for sale anywhere,
other than about a year ago and that individual wanted $25,000 for his.
This bike really is like new yet. It was purchased
from one of the original winners of the 8 bikes almost immediately and
maintained religiously. It was ridden some for pleasure, but always garage
kept and proper maintenance was performed on a regular basis.
Stars & Stripes
I have seen a number of US Flag/Patriotic
paint schemes on various motorcycles and must admit I thought most of
them bordered on being somewhat gaudy and/or "over-the-top." This bike
however, looks even far better in person than it
does in the pictures. Everyone that has seen this bike, always comments on what
a super nice paint job it has and how realistic and unique it looks. Everybody
always loves it..!
Here's a chance to own not only a legitimate collectible
motorcycle, but one that also makes a definite statement with the paint
job..! Show your patriotism, get out and ride it and enjoy the bike and
you will see how much attention both you and the bike will attract. It's a lot
of fun..! And.., it will be a great investment too..!
MY PRICE: $17,950 (priced to sell quickly)
SOLD FOR: $17,000 Sold to: Mansfield, Pennsylvania
All attempts are made to present information as accurately as possible, but we can not be held responsible for errors that may exist.
©2004-2008 Ron's Rad Rides LLC
All rights reserved.