1994 BMW 740i
For the Serious Driver...
I have owned and/or driven a lot of vehicles in my lifetime, and I believe this car is positively the most car for the money I have ever had the pleasure of owning and experienced driving..!
When you consider all the amenities it has, ranging from pure luxury to downright exhilarating torque, incredible handling, (especially for a car this size), and yet a wonderful sporty feel when you are behind the wheel, it’s no wonder it sold for $60,000 eleven years ago. (I have the original window sticker).
Incredible List of Features
- Dual Climate Control
- Black Leather Wrapped Interior with REAL Burled Walnut Trim Dash and Shift Knob (multiple areas including the door panels, console, areas of the dash, steering wheel and other areas are actually leather wrapped)
- Memory Seats, Mirrors, and Telescopic Steering (all with memory for your personal setting)
- Front and Rear Heated Seats
- Rear Seat Leather Armrest with Storage and a Ski-Bag Access Door from the Trunk
- Wiper Blade Electric Defrost Area in Windshield and Electric Rear Defrost
- Automatic “Tilt-Down” Passenger Mirror when in Reverse to See Curbs
- Built In Telephone with Hands Free Microphone
- One Touch Down Function of all Windows from Drivers Window Control
- Incredible BMW 10 Speaker Sound System Pre-Wired for CD Changer in Trunk
- 12-Way Power Adjustable Front Seats with Driver Power Head Rest and Lumbar Support
- Dual Air Bags
- Moon Roof with both Tilt-And-Slide Feature
- Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
- Two Keyless Remotes with Peripheral Anti-Theft Factory Car Alarm
- Traction Control
- Cruise Control
- Five Speed Automatic Transmission with Economy-Manual-Sport Modes
- Factory Color Matched BMW Floor Mats
- BMW Tool Kit in the Trunk
- Rare Rear Spoiler
- Trip Computer (calculates mileage, trip length and numerous other items)
And the list goes on and on...
AND.., 300 HORSEPOWER IN A 4.0 V8 THAT JUST KEEPS YOUR BODY GLUED TO THE BACK OF THE SEAT WHEN YOU TROMP THE THROTTLE!!!
THIS CAR WILL GO TO 120 M.P.H. SO FAST AND SMOOTHLY, I PROMISE THAT YOU WILL BE AMAZED..!
AND.., IT’S SUPPOSE TO BE A PASSENGER CAR, NOT A SPORTS CAR.., AND YET IT HAS JUST INCREDIBLE HANDLING AND A TREMENDOUSLY SMOOTH, LONG TORQUE CURVE..!
Here are the items you BMW purists and other people who love documentation and history will really like.., (Actually who doesn’t love every piece of background information and receipts, etc., that you can get with a car? I know I sure do.)
- NO ACCIDENTS…EVER!!
- Two Owner Car (been right here in town for it’s entire life)
- The Owners Were a Banker and a Very Successful Real Estate Developer
- Sold Brand New at the Local BMW dealer
- Have All Records and Receipts for the Car Since Brand New ($15,000 worth)
- Have Original Window Sticker ($60,000 - not a copy)
- All Original Paint and Still Like New Condition
- Chrome Still In Excellent Shape
- Factory Wheels Are NOT DINGED AND SCRAPED
- Interior Leather Still Luxurious and Very Supple (including driver’s seat)
- Original BMW Floor Mats Still Very Nice
- Walnut Console, Dash and Door Trim NOT CRACKED OR DETORIATED
- Car Is Still Stock Except for Extra Wheels and Tires – (No Modifications)
- Previous Owner Was Very Meticulous (owned for 60K - saved every receipt)
- All Electronics Are Working Correctly (no warning lights etc., on)
ALSO, DON’T FORGET.., there are 2 complete sets of wheels and tires that come with the car.., and another brand new matching 5th CHROME WHEEL still in the box that has never even had a tire mounted on it yet.., just in case you would damage one of them..! How many people do that when they buy custom wheels for their car..?
NOW, HERE IS THE CRAZY PART..! What would you think a car like this with a V8, 300 horsepower, all kinds of incredible torque and a full size vehicle would get for fuel mileage? 12, 15, 18, 20, no way…! TRY 30 MPG+ ON THE HIGHWAY AT ABOUT 70 MPH..! AND.., AT THAT SPEED WHEN YOU STEP ON THE GAS, IT STILL ACCELERATES AS IF YOU WERE GOING ABOUT 30 MPH..!
LIKE I SAID EARLIER, WHAT OTHER CAR COMPARES..? NONE THAT I HAVE FOUND – CERTAINLY NOT IN THIS PRICE RANGE..!
Whoever gets this car, will have one incredible vehicle to enjoy..! It is truly a “drivers” car..! It is the perfect combination of roominess, luxury, sportiness, power and just plain “damn good looks”..! How can one ask for more than that..?
February, 2005 NADA Price Guide Value is $10,525 and KELLY Blue Book is $10,870. I am adding $1,080 to the KELLY book price. I think that is very fair, considering this car has original like new paint, a very pristine interior, all the service records since new, is a two owner car, all the original owners manuals, and a spotless engine compartment and trunk. And don’t forget the two complete sets of wheels and tires with a matching factory spare in the trunk and an extra chrome wheel which total at least $3500 that are included in the price..!
MY PRICE: $11,950
SOLD FOR: $9,900